Nicole Lininger, Senior Marketing Manager
As someone who spent most of her career exhibiting at, attending, or producing conferences, I thought I had seen it all. However, when I got to Washington, DC, last year for my first ONS Congress experience, I was blown away by all the opportunity available in one place. If you are heading to Congress in Anaheim in a few weeks, you too will most likely be blown away by the networking, CNE opportunities, and relationships you make that will last for years to come.
If this is the first conference or “trade show” you’ve ever attended, never fear. While it can seem overwhelming, use these tips to make your first trip to Congress a success:
– Before arrival, plan your schedule, especially those “must-attend” sessions on your list.
– If you are traveling from the East Coast or even the Midwest, try to get a few extra minutes of sleep. The time difference will probably disrupt your sleep patterns.
– Pack a light sweater or cardigan because the temperatures vary among meeting rooms.
– Wear comfortable shoes! You’ll be on your feet a lot during Congress.
– Stop by the ONS booth in the Learning Hall for fun giveaways, selected by yours truly.
Don’t forget to have fun. Congress is about helping you better meet your patients’ needs, but it’s also a time for you to recharge. So, let’s all learn and network and then return from southern California rejuvenated!