2014 ONS Congress Education
Conference Syllabi and E-Posters
Daily syllabus documents are available for attendees who would like to print them for note-taking and reference.
You may also view and download available e-posters.
Continuing Nursing Education
You can earn 32 contact hours of continuing nursing education if all sessions are completed in their entirety and you complete your program evaluation by 11:59 pm EST on June 5, 2014. The preconference workshops offer up to 8.5 additional contact hours of CNE. All of the CNE at Congress is intermediate to advanced.
To impart excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care through interactive learning experiences and networking opportunities for novice and expert oncology nurses, advanced practice nurses, and nurse scientists.
1. List various innovations in cancer care.
2. Identify ways to integrate and disseminate research information to support evidence-based cancer care.
3. Discuss current issues and trends in cancer care and opportunities to advocate.
4. Participate in an environment of peer networking, collaboration, and rejuvenation.
5. Evaluate strategies to support and sustain the profession of oncology nursing.
6. Examine ethical issues related to cancer treatment and patient/nurse relationships.
7. Identify strategies to support and sustain self-care and spiritual growth.
8. Develop strategies to foster professional growth in practice, education, and research for oncology nurses from novice to expert.
ONS is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC’s) Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation as an American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission provider refers only to its continuing nursing education activities and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation endorsement of any commercial products.
ONS is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2850.
The contact hours earned from this educational opportunity may qualify for initial oncology nursing certification and renewal via ONC-PRO and ILNA. Visit www.oncc.org for complete details.