2015 ONS Congress Education
Continuing Nursing Education
You can earn up to 30 contact hours of continuing nursing education if all sessions are completed in their entirety and you complete your program evaluation by 11:59 pm EST on June 4, 2015. The preconference workshops offer up to four additional contact hours of CNE. All sessions are at the intermediate or advanced level, with more advanced content than ever before!
To impart excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care through interactive evidence-based learning experiences and networking opportunities for novice through expert oncology nurses, advanced practice nurses, and nurse scientists.
1. Discuss cutting-edge issues, trends, and nursing innovations in cancer care.
2. Identify ways to integrate and disseminate research information to support evidence-based cancer care.
3. Participate in an environment of peer networking, collaboration, and rejuvenation.
4. Evaluate strategies to support and sustain the profession of oncology nursing.
5. Examine ethical and communication issues related to cancer
6. Identify strategies to support and sustain self-care for the oncology nurse.
7. Develop strategies to foster professional growth in practice, education, and research for oncology nurses.
8. Identify ways nursing can address public health concerns about cancer prevention, detection, and treatment outcomes.
ONS is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC’s) Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation as an American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission provider refers only to its continuing nursing education activities and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation endorsement of any commercial products.
ONS is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2850.
The contact hours earned from this educational opportunity may qualify for initial oncology nursing certification and renewal via ONC-PRO and ILNA. Visit www.oncc.org for complete details.