Toolkit for Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs for Nurses in Oncology
The Toolkit for Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs for Nurses in Oncology addresses safety concerns for oncology nurses in a standardized way, pulling together the best available information into a quick reference format to help ensure nurses are meeting the most current safety standards.
This resource addresses some of the most common concerns of oncology nurses handling hazardous medications including:
- standards and guidelines for safe handling
- USP <800>
- which drugs are considered hazardous
- personal protective equipment (PPE) overview
- pregnancy, breastfeeding, and trying to conceive
- spill management
- safe handling in the home
Funding for this toolkit was provided by Equashield, distributor of the Equashield Closed System Transfer Device.